Be Bliss Baby Cloth Nappies are the modern version of the old school cloth nappy that our parents and their parents used. Instead of heavy materials, safety pins and messing around with covers, we now have one piece of natural fibre material (the nappy cover) that has a waterproof outer and a pocket inside that you simply insert an extra absorbent piece of microfiber (insert) into. Both of these 2 items come with every nappy purchase and are really, all you need to get started.
Every nappy will last a lifetime, they are washable and reusable. We suggest that you will need about 5 x nappies for the day and then 1 x nappy for the night. And so, we have put our packs together based off how often you do your washing. For example, if you wash daily, then you only need 6 nappies in total. If you wash once a week, then we suggest getting enough nappies to get you through at least 5 days, hence our 30 x nappy pack! There is no reason to have any additional expenses after purchasing your nappies (apart from topping up on liners) and this is why using our cloth nappies will save you so much money in the long run.
You also have the recommended option to but a fresh bamboo liner (liner) inside the nappy each time you fit on your child. The liner should catch any poos and make it easy to grab and bin. No problems though if you don't, the washing machine will get rid of all matter left behind.
Over night, and for heavy wetters, we recommend 2 x inserts and ideally, make one of these a Bamboo Charcoal insert to help with absorption and cleanliness as these have natural anti-bacterial properties.
Once you've made your purchase, follow these simple 7 instructions on how to use our nappies day to day.
7 Easy steps of HOW to use our cloth nappies
- Place insert inside nappy cover
- Line with Bamboo liner (our liners can be flushed down the toilet or disposed of and will breakdown!) *please note you you can also choose to skip this step and not liners if preferred
- Fit according to your baby's size using the press studs
- After 3-4 hours, or as required, undress baby and flush bamboo liner (with or without numbers twos) in toilet
- Place dirty insert and cover in a dry bucket or pail with a lid. Soaking not necessary.
- Wash on cold cycle using any plant based, natural liquid detergent (recommended, very affordable and available most supermarkets/health food stores). No bleach or soaking necessary. Can be washed with other items.
- Hang in the sunshine to dry, even on a cloudy day. The sun will naturally remove any stains or smells (trust us this works 100%).
If you still have questions - jump over to our FAQ or click the little envelope in the bottom right corner of this page or simply send us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember we are here to help. You can do it though. You can BE BLISS BABY