How to use our Cloth Nappies
Be Bliss Baby Modern Cloth Nappies are the modern version of the old school cloth nappy that our parents and their parents used. Instead of heavy materials, safety pins and messing around with covers, we now have one piece of natural fibre material (the nappy cover) that has a waterproof outer and a pocket inside that you simply insert an extra absorbent piece of microfiber (insert) into. Both of these 2 items come with every nappy purchase and are really, all you need to get started.
7 Easy steps of HOW to use & wash our cloth nappies
- Place insert inside nappy cover. One for short use day time and 2-3 for long periods or overnight.
- Line with Bamboo liner *please note you you can also choose to skip this step and not liners if preferred
- Fit according to your baby's size using the press studs
- After 3-4 hours, or as required, undress baby and dispose of liner (if used)
- Pull out insert/s and place dirty insert and cover in a dry bucket or pail with as many holes and as much airing as possible (more airflow = less bacteria & less smell). Soaking not necessary although those not using a liner may choose to rinse off matters with hot water.
- Wash on a long warm (40-60 degree) cycle using detergent of choice. No bleach or soaking necessary. Can be washed with other items. A pre wash is recommended, especially when baby has done poo.
- Hang in the sunshine to dry, even on a cloudy day. Use caution if tumble drying shells, high temperatures can delaminate the waterproof outer, delaminate personalised screen printing and void your warranty. Inserts can also be tumble dried if needed.
Every nappy will last a lifetime, they are washable and reusable. We suggest that you may need (depending on child's size and weight) about 5 x nappies for the day and then 1 x nappy for the night.
There is no reason to have any additional expenses after purchasing your nappies and inserts (apart from topping up on liners) and this is why using our cloth nappies will save you so much money in the long run.
Top 3 reasons you need cloth nappies;
- Save yourself as much as $1800. Once you purchase your nappy pack of choice, no more purchases are necessary.
- Save the earth from 1700 kilograms of waste
- Save your baby from being exposed to potentially harmful chemicals. (More information click here)
You also have the recommended option to put a fresh bamboo liner (liner) on top of the nappy each time you fit on your child. The liner should catch any poos and make it easy to grab and bin. No problems though if you don't, the washing machine will get rid of all matter left behind.
Over night, and for heavy wetters, we recommend 2 x inserts and ideally, make one of these either a Hemp or a Bamboo Charcoal insert to help with absorption and cleanliness as these have natural anti-bacterial properties.
Once you've made your purchase, follow these simple 7 instructions on how to use our nappies day to day.
If you still have questions - jump over to our FAQ or simply send us an email - email@example.com
Remember we are here to help. You can do it though. You can BE BLISS BABY